As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This set of There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey free printables is perfect for pairing with your favorite Thanksgiving read-aloud!
These no-prep book-based activities make the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving homeschool activities for kids ages 4-10.
Your children will love this story, and you can extend the learning with these fun holiday worksheets. Printables include a turkey word search, crossword puzzle, maze, and more!
Download your free copy of the There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey printables today!
Don’t miss these free printables! They’re perfect for your Thanksgiving or turkey-themed lesson plans!
You can use these worksheets in your holiday literacy centers in November. They are great for small group and whole group lessons.
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey Free Printables
These print-and-go There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey printables are perfect for kids in preschool, kindergarten, and early elementary grades.
This is a fun book to read throughout the month of November, and your students will love digging into the story with these activities.
Kids of all ages will love these hands-on activities. They’re a great way for kids to engage with the story.
When reading There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey by Lucille Colandro, you can add one of more of these activities to your to-do list:
• Are you looking for a fun Thanksgiving craft to do with your kids? Try this Thanksgiving paper turkey craft.
• Looking for a fun activity to help strengthen fine motor skills? This Thanksgiving cutting activity is just what you need!
• This set of free Pete the Cat First Thanksgiving read aloud printables is perfect for preschool and kindergarten students to use in November.
There Was an Old Lady… Book Companion
Kids will love diving into the story, and are sure to giggle as the old lady swallows all sorts of quirky things.
These print-and-go worksheets will help you do just that. You can even make some of them reusable by laminating them and allowing kids to complete them with dry erase markers.
• Color and Trace – There are two color and trace worksheets. These are great for preschoolers. They can color the pictures and then trace the words at the bottom of each page.
• Color Words – Read the color words and color the turkeys accordingly.
• Vocabulary Cards – Use these cards to introduce or review vocabulary words.
• Handwriting Practice – There are two handwriting pages included featuring the letters Tt and Ll.
• My Favorite Part – Kids will draw and write about their favorite part of the story.
• Listen and Color – Kids will color pictures as you read about them in the book.
• Word Search – Older kids will love searching for twelve story-related words in this word search grid.
OUR FAVORITE TURKEY BOOKS
Fill your book basket with a great collection of books about turkeys for young children. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
Turkey Trouble – Turkey is in trouble. Bad trouble. The kind of trouble where it’s almost Thanksgiving . . . and you’re the main course. But Turkey has an idea–what if he doesn’t look like a turkey?
Thanksgiving is for Giving Thanks – Thanksgiving is about pilgrims and history–and turkey, of course!–but most importantly, it’s a holiday all about everything that we are thankful for.
How to Catch a Turkey – A turkey is running loose in a school right before a Thanksgiving play. Can YOU help catch it so the show can go on? Follow along as students turn their school upside down trying to catch the turkey, ending with a twist that ensures no turkeys are harmed (or eaten!).
Turkey Activities for Kids
- Turkey Math Worksheets
- Life Cycle of a Turkey Worksheet
- Turkey Color by Number Worksheet
- Paper Turkey Craft from Living Life and Learning
- Turkey Books for Kids from 3 Boys and a Dog
Do you smell that? Is it fall or your new pumpkin pie play dough kit. This homemade pumpkin scented play dough kit is perfect as a party favor, holiday goody bag or even a fun activity at home.
Welcome autumn and encourage creativity in your children with this fall-themed felt creations busy bag. Practice counting and exploring patterns as you put on the turkey’s feathers.