Download and print this set of life cycle cut and paste worksheets to help review eleven different life cycles! Perfect for K-2 students.
Learning to sequence events is an important skill for young kids. When kids can sequence events, they have a better grasp of the world around them. And, they have a skill that is important for reading comprehension.
Life Cycle Cut and Paste Worksheets
This set of free printables is perfect for kids in preschool, kindergarten, and early elementary grades.
When kids learn to sequence life cycles, they begin to connect with the world around them.
Preparing the Printables
There are two ways to prepare these elementary science worksheets. To use these as independent work, print the pages on regular printer paper. If you have kids who don’t like to color, you can print them on colored paper.
To use these pages in a science center, print the pages on cardstock and laminate for durability. Put a velcro dot on each of the blank circles and on the back of each sequencing disc.
What’s included in this printable?
There are eleven life cycles featured in this set. They all follow the same pattern.
In this pack, you’ll receive the following life cycle sequencing worksheets:
- life cycle of an apple (perfect for autumn or plant studies)
- life cycle of a bat (perfect for autumn, Halloween, or animal studies)
- life cycle of a butterfly (perfect for spring, summer, or insect studies)
- life cycle of a flower (perfect for spring, summer, or plant studies)
- life cycle of a frog (perfect for spring, summer, pond, or animal studies)
- life cycle of a ladybug (perfect for summer or insect studies)
- life cycle of a pumpkin (perfect for autumn, Halloween, Thanksgiving, or plant studies)
- life cycle of a sea turtle (perfect for summer, ocean, or animal studies)
- life cycle of a spider (perfect for autumn, Halloween, or bug studies)
- life cycle of a strawberry (perfect for summer, food, or plant studies)
- life cycle of a sunflower (perfect for summer or plant studies)
How to Use the Worksheets
Kids will color the sequencing discs on the right-hand side of the page.
Cut out the discs, and glue them in the correct order on the sequencing sheet. Then, kids can read back the sequence of each life cycle in the pack.
Books About Life Cycles
Fill your bookshelves with a great collection of books about life cycles. The books featured below can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
Life Cycles: Everything from Start to Finish – Everything begins and everything ends – but what happens in between? Find out in this stunning nature book.
Learn about human life and development, processes in nature, how animals change over time, how the universe was formed and so much more.
Animal Life Cycles: Growing and Changing – Children will be fascinated by the different ways in which animals grow and change from the time they are embryos to the time they are adults.
This amazing book explains what a life cycle is in a clear, simple way. Detailed diagrams and colourful photographs help explain the life cycles of many different kinds of animals, including mammals, birds, snakes, lizards, fish, frogs, insects, spiders, and worms.
Life Cycles of Animals and Insects – How do bees communicate? Who can regurgitate their body parts? How strong are ants? Does the frog have teeth?
You will find answers to these and other exciting questions in this picture book!
This life cycle tray helps kids explore nature as they visualize the life cycle of living things. There are four cavities to hold figurines or pictures of the life cycle stages.
Download Your Printables
This life cycle printable pack is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.