These no-prep Halloween worksheets for second grade are perfect for working on math and literacy skills with a fun holiday theme.
This set of free printable worksheets is great for giving your children an opportunity to learn or practice a wide variety of math and literacy skills in the weeks leading up to Halloween.
These free printables will help your second graders work on ABC order, ordering 3-digit numbers, 2-digit addition, digraphs, and much more!
While these worksheets are designed to meet second grade goals, they can be used with younger kids who are ready for a challenge and with older kids who need a little extra practice.
Halloween Worksheets for Second Grade
Print-and-go worksheets like the ones in this pack are perfect for busy homeschool moms and co-op teachers. There is no prep work involved.
Second graders will enjoy working on a variety of math and literacy skills this October as they practice reading, math, grammar, and more.
Preparing the Worksheets
All you need to do to prepare these worksheets is print them out! It’s that easy.
However, if you’d like to make them reusable, you can laminate them after printing them out. Then, kids can use dry erase markers to complete each page.
This first grade worksheet packet includes ten free printables. Five focus on math skills, and five are for literacy practice. You’ll receive:
Halloween Math Worksheets
- Ordering numbers – Children will order 3-digit numbers from smallest to largest.
- 10 Less & 10 More – Identify the 2-digit number, and write the numbers that are ten less and ten more.
- Odds and evens – Identify which numbers are odd and which are even.
- Addition practice – Solve 2-digit addition problems and color the correct answer.
- Number match up – Read the 3-digit number word and color the correct answer.
Halloween Literacy Worksheets
- ABC order – Order three words in each set in ABC order.
- To, too, two – Cut and paste the correct word to finish the sentences.
- Digraphs – Name the pictures, and identify the beginning digraph.
- Hard G or Soft G – Use the color code to identify the words that have the Hard G sound and the Soft G sound.
- Hard C or Soft C – Use the color code to identify the words that have the Hard C sound and the Soft C sound.
BOOKS ABOUT HALLOWEEN
Fill your book basket with a great collection of books about Halloween. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
Splat the Cat and the Pumpkin-Picking Plan – When Splat goes to the pumpkin patch with Seymour, he’s determined to find the biggest pumpkin ever. But when he finally does, Splat finds out the real challenge isn’t the pumpkin picking—it’s how to get the pumpkin home!
Pete the Cat: Trick or Pete – Pete loves Halloween and candy but not so much scary surprises. Follow Pete as he goes trick-or-treating from house to house and discover what is waiting behind each door.
Little Blue Truck’s Halloween – Beep! Beep! It’s Halloween! Little Blue Truck is picking up his animal friends for a costume party. Lift the flaps in this large, sturdy board book to find out who’s dressed up in each costume! Will Blue wear a costume too?
These Halloween Lacing Boards are designed to make learning fun. They’re great for teaching kids fine motor skills, precise hand movements, and how to focus their attention. Your children will have so much fun with this toy, they won’t realize they are learning.
This LEGO set features a Vampire with large fangs, movable claws, vest, bow tie and a billowing black cape, plus a small pet bat with movable wings!
More Halloween Printables
- Halloween Counting Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Halloween Cut and Paste ABC Order Worksheets
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Download Your Printables
This Halloween printable pack is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.