Looking for some fun and educational kindergarten Halloween printables to add to your homeschool Halloween activities in October?
We’ve got you covered! From sight words and word families to addition and subtraction practice, we have a range of activities that will keep your little one entertained and educated this Halloween.
These activities are perfect for both homeschoolers and traditional schoolers alike – there’s something for everyone!
And they’re all simple enough that even the littlest ones can join in on the fun. So get ready to have some educational Halloween fun!
Halloween activities are a great way to teach important skills like reading, writing, and math during the month of October. And they’re also a lot of fun!
Your child can practice their sight words with these Halloween-themed printables. They can also work on their letter sounds with these adorable pumpkin-themed worksheets.
For some math practice, try these Halloween-themed printables. They’ll help your child practice their addition and subtraction skills while also getting them in the Halloween spirit!
Halloween Homeschool Activities
Halloween activities are not only fun, but they can also be educational! By participating in Halloween activities, your child can work on important skills such as sight words recognition, phonics, math skills, fine motor skills, and more.
In addition, Halloween activities are a great way to bond with your child and create lasting memories.
Using Printables in Your Homeschool
If you’re looking for a way to reinforce your homeschool lessons, you can’t go wrong with worksheets. Not only do they provide an opportunity for additional practice, but they also help to keep kids engaged and on track.
Plus, there’s no need to limit yourself to traditional school subjects. Worksheets can be used to teach anything from art to zoology. And with a little creativity, they can even be turned into fun games or puzzles.
If your children enjoyed these Halloween worksheets, you’ll love the kindergarten tips and resources featured below:
- Kindergarten Homeschool Schedule
- Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum
- Homeschooling Websites for Kindergarten
Kindergarten Halloween Printables
This free math and grammar pack includes a variety of practice pages designed for kindergarteners. However, they can be used with kids who are a little younger but ready to practice these skills. Or, they can be used with slightly older kids who need a little extra practice.
There are a total of ten worksheets covering the following skills:
- Beginning sounds
- Counting syllables
- Numbers that are one more
- Sight words
- Word families
- What makes ten?
- Addition and subtraction
- Comparing numbers
MATH PRACTICE PAGES
• One More: Children will identify the number in each box. Then, they will mark the number that is one more.
• Count and Color: Kids will identify the number in each box and color the same number of candies in the candy jar.
• Let’s Make Ten: Children will count how many candies are in each jar. Then, they’ll draw candies to make ten. Finally, they’ll fill in the missing addend to complete the addition problems.
• Addition and Subtraction: Solve addition and subtraction problems within 10.
• Which is More?: Children will compare the two numbers in each set and color the one that is greater.
Grammar Practice Pages
• What’s My Sound?: Name each picture and color the beginning sound.
• How Many Syllables?: Clap and count the syllables and color the correct number.
• Color by Sight Word: Use the color code to color the page. Sight words include he, she, they, the, are, you, and of.
• Color by Word Family: Use the color code to color the page. Word families include -ad, -ut, -an, -id, -ed, -eg, and -at.
I love to incorporate movies and videos into our unit studies whenever possible. They’re perfect for sick days or rainy days. Here are a few ideas for kids:
BOOKS ABOUT HALLOWEEN
It’s never too early to start getting into the Halloween spirit! Check out this list of great Halloween books for first graders.
From spooky stories to playful poems, these books will have your little ones giggling with glee.
You should be able to find these books at your local library. If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
Splat the Cat and the Pumpkin-Picking Plan – When Splat goes to the pumpkin patch with Seymour, he’s determined to find the biggest pumpkin ever. But when he finally does, Splat finds out the real challenge isn’t the pumpkin picking—it’s how to get the pumpkin home!
Pete the Cat: Trick or Pete – Pete loves Halloween and candy but not so much scary surprises. Follow Pete as he goes trick-or-treating from house to house and discover what is waiting behind each door.
Little Blue Truck’s Halloween – Beep! Beep! It’s Halloween! Little Blue Truck is picking up his animal friends for a costume party. Lift the flaps in this large, sturdy board book to find out who’s dressed up in each costume! Will Blue wear a costume too?
These Halloween Lacing Boards are designed to make learning fun. They’re great for teaching kids fine motor skills, precise hand movements, and how to focus their attention. Your children will have so much fun with this toy, they won’t realize they are learning.
This LEGO set features a Vampire with large fangs, movable claws, vest, bow tie and a billowing black cape, plus a small pet bat with movable wings!