Elementary students are going to love these How to Catch a Turkey worksheets. They’re perfect for November homeschool activities
These no-prep book-based activities make the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving homeschool activities for kids ages 7-10.
Your children will love this story, and you can extend the learning with these fun holiday worksheets.
Don’t miss these free printables! They’re perfect for your Thanksgiving or turkey-themed lesson plans!
How to Catch a Turkey Worksheets
These print-and-go How to Catch a Turkey printables are perfect for young elementary-aged children. They’ll love digging into the story with these activities.
Kids of all ages will love these hands-on activities, and they’re perfect for helping them engage with the story.
When reading How to Catch a Turkey, you can add one of more of these activities to your to-do list:
• Little ones will love making this adorable toilet paper roll turkey craft with your preschoolers.
• Looking for a fun activity to help strengthen fine motor skills? This Thanksgiving cutting activity is just what you need!
• This set of free Pete the Cat First Thanksgiving read aloud printables is perfect for preschool and kindergarten students to use in November.
TURKEY TROUBLE BOOK COMPANION
Kids will love diving into the story of a turkey with stage fright and his antics as he tries to escape capture. These print-and-go worksheets will help you do just that.
• Design a Trap – After listening to or reading the story, kids are challenged to design their own turkey trap.
• ABC Order – Children will alphabetize ten words from the story. An answer key is included.
• Word Scramble – Unscramble eight words from the story, and then use four of them in sentences. An answer key is included.
• Syllables – Divide seven story-related words into syllables. Then, use one of them in a sentence. An answer key is included.
BOOKS ABOUT THANKSGIVING
Fill your book basket with a great collection of books about Thanksgiving. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
Turkey Trouble – Turkey is in trouble. Bad trouble. The kind of trouble where it’s almost Thanksgiving . . . and you’re the main course. But Turkey has an idea–what if he doesn’t look like a turkey?
Thanksgiving is for Giving Thanks – Thanksgiving is about pilgrims and history–and turkey, of course!–but most importantly, it’s a holiday all about everything that we are thankful for.
How to Catch a Turkey – A turkey is running loose in a school right before a Thanksgiving play. Can YOU help catch it so the show can go on? Follow along as students turn their school upside down trying to catch the turkey, ending with a twist that ensures no turkeys are harmed (or eaten!).
Do you smell that? Is it fall or your new pumpkin pie play dough kit. This homemade pumpkin scented play dough kit is perfect as a party favor, holiday goody bag or even a fun activity at home.
Welcome autumn and encourage creativity in your children with this fall-themed felt creations busy bag. Practice counting and exploring patterns as you put on the turkey’s feathers.
how to catch a turkey FREE PRINTABLES
These holiday printables are sure to be a hit with your young learners. Click the box below, enter your email information, and download your mini-book companion.