As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are looking for some fun and educational camping worksheets for second grade students, we’ve got just what you’re looking for!
They are the perfect addition to your fall camping activities for kids. From addition and subtraction practice to contractions and antonyms/synonyms, this free worksheet packet includes a variety of math and grammar activities for 2nd graders.
Because these worksheets are print-and-go, they are perfect for both homeschoolers and traditional schoolers alike!
Camping-themed activities are a great way to teach important skills like reading, writing, and math during the summer and fall months. And they’re also a lot of fun!
Your child can practice contractions, addition and subtraction, synonyms and antonyms, and more with these camping-themed printables.
CAMPING ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
Camp-themed activities are not only fun, but they can also be educational! By participating in camping-themed activities, your child can work on important skills such as reading, writing, math, and more.
Using Printables in Your Homeschool
Homeschooling can be a great way to provide individualized attention and educational opportunities for your child. However, it can also be challenging to know how to effectively teach multiple subjects at different levels.
One way to help is to use homeschool worksheets. Worksheets can be a great way to reinforce or practice math and grammar skills. They can also be used as an assessment tool to gauge your child’s understanding of a concept.
When using worksheets, it is important to select those that are appropriate for your child’s level and interests. Additionally, make sure to provide ample opportunity for hands-on learning and exploratory play.
Homeschool worksheets should only be one part of a well-rounded homeschool program.
HOMESCHOOLING SECOND GRADERS
If your children enjoyed these second grade worksheets, you’ll love the homeschool tips and resources featured below:
- First and Second Grade: What Social Changes You Can Expect
- Math Board Games for 2nd Graders
- Halloween Worksheets for Second Grade
- Fall Math Worksheets for 2nd Grade
Camping Worksheets for Second Grade
This free math and grammar pack includes a variety of practice pages designed for second graders. However, they can be used with kids who are a little younger but ready to practice these skills. Or, they can be used with slightly older kids who need a little extra practice.
There are a total of five worksheets covering the following skills:
- Telling time to 5 minutes
- Subtraction within 20
- Synonyms & antonyms
- 3-digit addition
Math Practice Pages
• Subtraction within 20: There are sixteen subtraction problems for your second graders to solve. Each box on the page provides enough room for children to show their work when they borrow to solve the problems.
• 3-digit addition: There are twelve addition problems to solve. Each box on the page provides enough room for children to show their work when they carry to solve the problems.
• Telling time to 5 minutes: Children will read the times noted in each box. There are sixteen problems on the page. After reading the times, they’ll draw hands on the clock to note the time.
Grammar Practice Pages
• Synonyms and antonyms: Children will read the two words on each tent. They’ll use the color code to note whether the words are synonyms or antonyms.
• Contractions: Children will read the contractions in each box. Then, they’ll write the two words that make up each contraction on the page.
Books About Camping
When homeschooling, you have the opportunity to choose books that fit your child’s interests and learning level.
If your child is interested in camping, there are a number of great second grade books about camping that can help to support their learning.
By incorporating these types of books into your homeschool curriculum, you can help your child learn about camping while also fostering a love of reading.
- Campfire Stories for Kids by Drake Quinn
- Mystery in Rocky Mountain National Park by Aaron Johnson
- Rosco the Rascal Goes to Camp by Shana Gorlan
More Camping Fun for Kids
Camping never felt so cuddly! Set up camp in the playroom with this adorable, personalized campout kit, complete with a smiling marshmallow, water flask and campfire.
This fun interactive game of Camp Charades will keep your camping trip fun. With 17 pages (8 cards per page) of exciting charade cards, your campfire moments just got more fun.
With a felt hiking map, compass, and hatchet, your kids will have all they need for a fun (pretend) hike through the woods.