Looking for a fun and educational way to teach your kids about sharks? Look no further than these ten shark stories for kids!
Sharks are one of the most feared creatures in the ocean, but they also happen to be some of the coolest.
Check out these shark stories that will keep your kids entertained while teaching them a thing or two about these amazing fish.
Each of these tales is packed with information about these amazing creatures, while also being entertaining and engaging. Which one will you add to your shark activities for kids?
Shark Week Activities for Kids
Every summer, kids look forward to Shark Week with excitement. They love learning about these fascinating creatures and cheering on their favorite shark species.
There are plenty of ways to make Shark Week fun for kids of all ages. Here are just a few ideas:
• Visit a local aquarium or zoo that has sharks on display. This is a great opportunity to learn more about different shark species and see them up close. Then, print out a fun Shark Facts memory matching game to learn more about them.
• Attend a shark-themed movie night. Pop some popcorn and watch shark cartoons with your younger children or newer releases Shark Tale with your older kids. For an extra dose of fun, add in shark-themed snacks like gummy sharks or goldfish crackers.
• Play some shark-themed games. There are lots of great options out there, from card games to active outdoor games. This is a great way to get the whole family involved in the fun.
Shark Week is a great time to learn more about these amazing creatures. With a little creativity, it can also be a lot of fun for kids of all ages.
Facts About Sharks for Kids
Sharks are some of the most fascinating creatures in the ocean. Though they have a reputation for being dangerous, they are actually quite shy and only attack humans when they feel threatened.
Here are some fun facts about these amazing animals:
• Sharks come in all shapes and sizes. The smallest shark is the dwarf lanternshark, which is only about 6 inches long. The largest shark is the whale shark, which can grow up to 40 feet in length!
• Sharks have keen senses of smell and hearing. They can also detect electrical fields, which helps them to find prey.
• Sharks are predators, but they also play an important role in balancing the ecosystem by keeping populations of other animals in check.
Though they are often feared, sharks are truly amazing creatures. By learning more about them, we can help to dispel myths and misunderstanding about these important animals.
Free Printable Shark Activities
These fun and educational printables are perfect for use alongside any shark stories or books you may be reading to your little one.
From dot-to-dot pages to mazes and more, there’s plenty to keep your child busy and learning while enjoying some shark fun.
- Fun Facts About Sharks for Kids (with a aree memory matching game!)
- Shark Connect the Dot Printables
- Clark the Shark Printables
- Shark Printable Activity Pages for Kids
- Life Cycle of a Shark for Kids
Round Out Your Unit with These Activities
Add some shark figures to your pretend play area or your science area so kids can explore the different types of sharks you teach them about.
When you add a shark anatomy model to your science center, kids can get up close and personal with all the parts of a shark – inside and out!
Sharks are amazing creatures and there is so much to learn about them. These ten shark stories are sure to entertain your kids while teaching them a thing or two about these incredible fish.
Shark week might be over, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to end. What shark activity will you try first?