Strengthen math and grammar skills with this set of free Halloween worksheets for 4th grade. Practicing these skills is crucial to building a firm foundation for later skills and lessons.
The fun graphics on these printables provide a little holiday component to these homeschool Halloween activities.
These print-and-go worksheets are perfect for busy homeschool moms and teachers. They can be used in the classroom or at home.
Fall is in the air, and that means it’s time to get ready for some Halloween fun! These Halloween worksheets are a great way to get your third graders excited about the season.
This pack includes six math and grammar activities for third, fourth, and/or fifth graders depending on their learning level. So go ahead and download these free printables and have some holiday fun!
Using Worksheets in Your Homeschool
Worksheets can be a valuable tool in your homeschool, but it’s important to use them wisely. Here are a few tips:
- Make sure the worksheet is appropriate for your child’s age and abilities. There’s no point in using a worksheet that’s too easy or too difficult.
- Use worksheets as a supplement, not a replacement, for other activities. Reading, writing, and interacting with others are all important parts of education, so don’t let worksheets take over.
- Be selective about which worksheets you use. Not all worksheets are created equal! Choose ones that focus on concepts that you’re currently working on, and that are interesting and engaging for your child.
- Make sure you have a plan for what to do with the finished product. Whether you have your child turn it in to you or simply file it away, make sure there’s a purpose for the worksheet beyond just busywork.
By following these tips, you can make sure that worksheets are a helpful addition to your homeschool curriculum.
Homeschooling 4th Graders
If your children enjoyed these math worksheets, you’ll love the fourth grade tips and resources featured below.
- Homeschool Curriculum for Grade 4
- Halloween Math for Homeschoolers
- Multiplication Worksheets for Grade 4
Free Halloween Worksheets for 4th Grade
This 4th grade math and grammar pack includes a variety of practice pages designed for fourth graders. However, they can be used with kids who are a little younger but ready to practice these skills. Or, they can be used with slightly older kids who need a little extra practice.
There are a total of five worksheets covering the following skills:
- Multiplication and Division Practice
- Verbs: Action Verbs and Helping Verbs
- Addition Practice
- Who or Whom?
- Plural Nouns
- Comparing Numbers
Math Practice Pages
First, there is a page with multiplication and division problems. There is room on the page for students to show their work.
Next, there is an addition practice page. There are ten 5-digit addition problems with carrying. Again, there is room in each box for kids to show their work.
Finally, kids will practice comparing 4-digit number. They’ll use symbols to demonstrate greater than or less than.
Grammar Practice Pages
The first grammar page in this packet focuses on verbs. Kids will color helping verbs one color and action verbs another.
Next, kids will practice using who and whom properly. They’ll write one of those words on the lines to complete each sentence on the page.
Finally, kids will write each noun as a plural. Kids will add s or es appropriately.
I love to incorporate movies and videos into our unit studies whenever possible. They’re perfect for sick days or rainy days. Here are a few ideas for kids:
These Halloween Lacing Boards are designed to make learning fun. They’re great for teaching kids fine motor skills, precise hand movements, and how to focus their attention. Your children will have so much fun with this toy, they won’t realize they are learning.
This LEGO set features a Vampire with large fangs, movable claws, vest, bow tie and a billowing black cape, plus a small pet bat with movable wings!