Looking for some books to read with your preschooler to celebrate the Fourth of July? We’ve got you covered! In this blog post, we will share a list of our favorite Fourth of July books for preschoolers.
These books are perfect for toddlers and preschoolers, and they will help teach them about the history and meaning behind Independence Day. So grab a book and get ready to celebrate!
• Download this free cut and paste Pledge of Allegiance words printable for your kids. They’ll work on fine motor skills while memorizing the Pledge.
• Entertain your kiddos with these fun printable patriotic games for kids! These are great for road trips and hot summer afternoons!
• Sensory play is a crucial part of child development. This patriotic playdough sensory kit encourages imaginative play and language development, while developing fine motor skills and building nerve connections in the brain. But most importantly, it’s fun!
• Kids will love these handmade, 4th of July themed play dough party favors. Kick off Fourth of July with this cute, lightly scented set! Sensory play doh is the perfect gift for boys and girls alike!
PATRIOTIC MOVIES FOR KIDS
I love incorporating videos into our lessons and activities whenever possible. They’re a great way to break from the books and worksheets that typically fill our lessons.
I also save them for rainy days or sick days that may crop up during the unit. Here are a few fun ideas for kids:
• This is America, Charlie Brown – From the voyage of the Mayflower to the bold exploration of outer space, join the Peanuts gang as they take you on a timeless journey through American history!
• Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero – A stray dog joins his master on the battlefields of World War I in this fact-based animated story.
• We Sign Patriotic Songs – Features American Patriotic songs that are not only sung, but are also performed with American Sign Language, ASL.
We hope you and your little one enjoy these Fourth of July books as much as we do! Be sure to let us know which ones are your favorites in the comments below. Happy reading!