These Bear Stays Up for Christmas preschool activities are perfect for getting your kids in the holiday spirit.
Pair them with a read-aloud of Bear Stays Up for Christmas for tons of book-based fun.
These no-prep worksheets make the perfect addition to your homeschool activities throughout the Christmas season.
Young readers are sure to love this story, and you can extend the learning with these fun holiday worksheets.
Don’t miss these free printables! They’re perfect for your Christmas/December lesson plans!
Bear Stays Up for Christmas Preschool Activities
These print-and-go Bear Stays Up for Christmas printables are perfect for kids in preschool and kindergarten. They’ll love digging into this fun story with these activities.
Kids of all ages will love these hands-on activities, and they’re perfect for helping them engage with the story.
When reading Bear Stays Up for Christmas, you can add one of more of these activities to your to-do list:
• Practice reading pre-primer sight words with this set of Christmas Color By Sight Words worksheets for preschool and kindergarten.
• Teach counting and number recognition to ten with these Christmas counting for preschool worksheets.
• Are you looking for a fun Letter B craft to do with your preschoolers? Don’t miss this adorable B is for Bear craft that is perfect for your Letter of the Week lessons.
• I have such fond memories of making ornaments with my kids when they were younger. This clothespin Christmas tree ornament will look lovely hanging on yours!
Bear Stays Up for Christmas Book Companion
Young children will love diving into this sweet picture book that tells the story of how bear’s friends work hard to keep him awake for Christmas.
These print-and-go worksheets include fun activities that will help you do just that.
• Color and Trace – Color the pictures and then trace the word at the bottom of the page.
• Color Words – Read the color words and color the stockings accordingly.
• Handwriting Practice – Trace the letters B and b as well as a “b is for bear” sentence.
• Count to 10 – Count the stockings and identify the correct number.
• Dab it – Use dot markers to fill in the circles on the letter “b”.
• Cutting Practice – There are two cutting pages. On one, kids will color a bear and cut it out on the dotted line. On the other, kids will cut lines from the bottom of the page to the top.
• Beginning Sounds – Cut and paste the pictures that begin with /b/.
• Tracing Practice – Practice tracing lines from left to right.
• Vocabulary – Name the picture and trace its name.
PRESCHOOL BOOKS ABOUT Christmas
Fill your book basket with a great collection of Christmas books. Most of these picture books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding any of these children’s books, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
Bear Stays Up for Christmas – Bear’s friends are determined to keep Bear awake for Christmas! So they wake Bear up and have him help them find a Christmas tree, bake cakes, hang up stockings, and sing Christmas songs. Bear stays up—by discovering that giving is one of the best Christmas presents of all!
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever – Meet the Herdmans—they lie, cheat, and love to give clonks on the head. They are, without a doubt, the worst kids in the history of the world. So no one is prepared when this outlaw family invades church one Sunday and decides to take over the annual Christmas pageant.
Christmas in the Big Woods – Christmas has come to the Big Woods of Wisconsin! Laura and her family are excited to celebrate. When Laura’s cousins, aunt, and uncle arrive, they spend their time together eating sweets, playing in the snow, and reading. Their holiday celebrations are full of simple joys.
These handmade, adorable Christmas finger puppets are perfect for Holiday party favors or any play day!
This Paint-by-Sticker Christmas Art Book includes everything you need to create ten sticker paintings on study card stock. Plus, all the pages are perforated—making it easy to tear out each finished work to frame and share!