As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Practice reading pre-primer sight words with this set of Christmas Color By Sight Words worksheets for preschool and kindergarten.
This set of no-prep printables is perfect for practicing color words, pre-primer sight words, and fine motor skills throughout the days and weeks leading up to Christmas.
These free printables are a great way to have fun while learning through the holidays.
The no-prep pages are perfect for busy moms and teachers like you!
Christmas Color By Sight Words
These color by code pages feature all forty pre-primer sight words. They can be used in your homeschool lessons for a quiet moment or for a little extra reading practice.
You can use them in your classroom for a transition between activities or as an addition to your literacy centers.
Grab a box of crayons, print out these pages, and your kids are all set for some Christmas-themed coloring and reading fun.
This pack includes eight free color by code worksheets. Your kids will love reading the color code and coloring the picture to reveal an image with a fun seasonal theme.
Color by sight word worksheets offer preschool and kindergarten kiddos a chance to work on a variety of skills. First, of course, is sight words. By matching the sight words from the color code to the sight words on the picture, kids reinforce their reading skills. This set focuses on pre-primer.
Color words and color recognition are two more skills children will work on as they complete each color by code printable. Kids will identify the color words in the color code, and they’ll use those colors to complete the picture.
Finally, coloring allows children an opportunity to strengthen fine motor skills. They’ll practice proper pencil grip and motor control which are important for later writing skills.
Christmas Homeschool Activities
• These Merry Christmas Big Hungry Bear activities are a great way to bring this adorable Christmas book to life with your little ones.
• Young children will love The Sweet Smell of Christmas lesson plan complete with a sensory activity, graphing practice, and writing prompt for PreK-1!
BOOKS ABOUT CHRISTMAS
Picture books are an integral part of all of my homeschool lessons. I love scouring my shelves to pull out old favorites and searching the library for new ones.
Below are some of my favorite Christmas books for kids. Is yours on this list?
• How the Grinch Stole Christmas! – No Christmas book basket is complete without this classic story! Everyone loves the grumpy old Grinch whose heart grows as he learns the true meaning of Christmas.
• Bear Stays Up for Christmas – Do your kids love Bear? He’s determined to stay awake for Christmas this year. With the help of his friends, he discovers the best Christmas present of all.
• The Night Before Christmas – ‘Twas the night before Christmas… Kids will love the picture book version of this classic Christmas poem.
These handmade, adorable Christmas finger puppets are perfect for Holiday party favors or any play day!
Turn ordinary laundry pins into a fun clothespin Christmas tree ornament that your kids will love hanging on the tree this season.