Our Frog and Toad Together worksheets will make learning more enjoyable while helping kids to think critically about the world around them.
Frog and Toad Together is an iconic children’s book by Arnold Lobel that has delighted generations of readers.
Frog and Toad are best friends who support each other through thick and thin, no matter what challenges they face.
It’s a timeless story about the importance of friendship, understanding, loyalty, perseverance, kindness – all essential values for growing up.
To help kids dig deeper into the stories in this book, we have put together some fun book-based worksheets with activities like word searches, grammar practice exercises and writing prompts based on Frog and Toad Together.
Homeschooling families often look for creative ways to bring classic literature into their educational plans.
Frog and Toad Together by Arnold Lobel is an excellent book to introduce young learners to important values like understanding, loyalty, perseverance, and kindness.
To make learning even more enjoyable, our Frog and Toad Together Worksheets provide the perfect solution.
Order a Copy of Frog and Toad Together
Grab a copy of this book that is perfect for your lessons about frogs, toads, pond life, friendship, bravery, and more!
Frog and Toad Together Worksheets
Frog and Toad Together is an amazing children’s book written by Arnold Lobel. Frog and Toad are best friends who help each other with their problems.
Frog and Toad Together teaches important values like understanding, loyalty, kindness, bravery and more!
Frog and Toad Together is a Level 2 “I Can Read” book that is perfect for developing readers. Inside, there are five short stories about gardening, cookies, bravery, and more.
This worksheet packet includes two pages for each of the five stories. You’ll receive the following:
Chapter 1: A List
- Word search: Children will search for twelve story-related words.
- Vowel sort: Children will sort eighteen words into the correct column according to whether they have long vowels or short vowels.
Chapter 2: The Garden
- ABC order: Students will write eight R-controlled words in ABC order.
- Verb sort: Children will cut out eighteen words and sort them according to whether they are -ed verbs or -ing verbs.
Chapter 3: Cookies
- Syllables: Say the words aloud and color the number of syllables in each one.
- Writing Prompt: Children will write and draw to answer the writing prompt.
Chapter 4: Dragons and Giants
- Draw and Write: Draw and write about Frog and Toad being brave.
- Antonyms: Use the word bank to write an antonym for each word on the page.
Chapter 5: The Dream
- Word Scramble: Children will unscramble the story-related words. A word bank is included.
- R Blends: Children will fill in the blanks with an R blend to name each picture.
More Frog and Toad Books for Kids
Reading Arnold Lobel’s Frog and Toad books with kids is an experience like no other! These beloved tales are filled with humor, adventure, mystery, and self-discovery.
They captivate the imaginations of children of all ages as they follow Frog and Toad on their adventures.
The stories help kids learn valuable lessons about friendship, communication, and problem solving in a fun way.
It’s a wonderful way for families to bond over literature together!
Fun Connections to Make
Reading Arnold Lobel’s Frog and Toad Together is even more fun when kids can participate in activities related to the stories.
After reading “A List”, encourage kids to make a list of their own. They can make a to-do list for the day or a grocery list for your next trip to the store.
Planting seeds and watching them grow is the perfect activity to do after reading “The Garden”. If you read this chapter in the winter, try growing grass seed in a cup.
Is there anything more appropriate to do after reading “Cookies” than to back a batch of cookies with your kids?
After reading “Dragons and Giants”, talk about fears and bravery. Help kids understand that everyone is afraid of something and everyone is brave at sometime.
Finally, after reading “The Dream”, talk about the last dream your child remembers having. They can even write it down and/or illustrate it.
Not only do these activities help kids understand more about the characters and settings, but it gives them something tangible to remember the story by!
Frog and Toad Printables for Kids
Using printables to bring Arnold Lobel’s Frog and Toad books to life is a great way for kids to engage more with the stories.
They help kids learn about characters, settings, and plot in a fun and interactive way. Printable activities like word searches, coloring pages, mazes, connect the dots, and draw your own Frog & Toad picture can all be used to help introduce children to these wonderful stories.
Kids will also have memories of their creative adventures with Frog and Toad that they can carry with them forever!
- 25 Easy Frog and Toad Ideas and Activities from Teach Junkie
- Frog and Toad Are Friends Lesson Plan and Activities from Woo Jr
- Free Printables and Activities for Frog and Toad Books from Story Farmer
- Frog and Toad Together Unit Study from Proverbial Homemaker
- Frog and Toad All Year Work from The Wise Owl Factory
In conclusion, Frog and Toad Together by Arnold Lobel is a timeless classic that can be used to teach kids important values in life.
Our Frog and Toad Together Worksheets provide the perfect way for children to have fun while learning about the importance of friendship.
With these free worksheets, parents & teachers alike can help their students gain a better understanding of Frog and Toad’s adventures.