Introduce your students to patriotic words with these 4th of July vocabulary practice flashcards and puzzles. An answer key is included!
Whether or not you’re homeschooling through the summer, these patriotic worksheets will engage and entertain your kids throughout the days leading up to the 4th of July.
This free printable is perfect for use anywhere. You can use them in your home, school, or daycare.
Kids of all ages will love these festive activity pages. And, you’ll love that they’ll provide a few minutes of quiet while your kids complete them.
4th of July Vocabulary Practice
To prepare these activity pages, all you need to do is print them out on printer paper. Place the puzzles in a folder for your kids to access when they want to have some fun.
This pack includes four 4th of July activities for children of all ages to enjoy.
4TH OF JULY ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
There are so many fun things you can do with your kids to celebrate the 4th of July.
Here are a few engaging ideas that will help you entertain kids of all ages throughout the days surrounding Independence Day.
PATRIOTIC MOVIES FOR KIDS
I love incorporating videos into our lessons and activities whenever possible. They’re a great way to break from the books and worksheets that typically fill our lessons.
I also save them for rainy days or sick days that may crop up during the unit. Here are a few fun ideas for kids:
• This is America, Charlie Brown – From the voyage of the Mayflower to the bold exploration of outer space, join the Peanuts gang as they take you on a timeless journey through American history!
• Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero – A stray dog joins his master on the battlefields of World War I in this fact-based animated story.
• We Sign Patriotic Songs – Features American Patriotic songs that are not only sung, but are also performed with American Sign Language, ASL.
PATRIOTIC PICTURE BOOKSFill your book basket with a great collection of patriotic picture books. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore. If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
What is America? – Little learners can discover the symbols, values, and beliefs that make America so great.
Hello, Fourth of July! – Join a pair of eagles as they spend the day surrounded by the red, white and blue. Along the way, take in a parade, view historical paintings and statues, hit the beach, and enjoy great food at a picnic and barbecue, topping off the day with a colorful fireworks display!
The Berenstain Bears: God Bless Our Country – The Bear family and their Bear Country neighbors celebrate the Fourth of July with a big parade. But not before the cubs get a lesson about the blessings of freedom for their country.
4th of July Printables
This pack of holiday activity pages includes three activities for older kids. In this packet, you’ll find the following:
• 4th of July Word Search – Older children will search on the grid to find and circle 15 patriotic words. You can make this reusable by laminating it and having children use a dry erase marker to mark the words they find. There is an answer key included.
• In Order… – Children will list the patriotic words in alphabetical order. There are thirteen words in the word bank. There is an answer key included.
• List it! – Encourage children to think about the Fourth of July. Can they think of ten nouns, verbs, and adjectives related to the holiday?
4th of July Flashcards
This worksheet packet includes two sets of patriotic flashcards – one is in color and the other is black/white.
If you use the colored flashcards, print them on cardstock and laminate them for durability. Cut them apart, punch a hole in the top left corner, and bind with a binder ring.
If you choose the black and white flashcards, color them (optional) before printing and laminating. You can also print these pages on colored paper if your kids don’t want to color them. Cut them apart, punch a hole in the top left corner, and bind with a binder ring.
More Patriotic Fun
Sensory play is a crucial part of child development. This patriotic playdough sensory kit encourages imaginative play and language development, while developing fine motor skills and building nerve connections in the brain. But most importantly, it’s fun!
Kids will love these handmade, 4th of July themed play dough party favors. Kick off Fourth of July with this cute, lightly scented set! Sensory play doh is the perfect gift for boys and girls alike!
Download Your Printables
This 4th of July printable pack is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.