As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These printable elephant activities for kids are designed to help kids ages 5-10 learn more about these amazing animals.
As we head into the summer months, I’m excited to visit the zoo with my grandson. He loves animals, and elephants are among his favorites.
If your kids are studying zoo animals or celebrating World Elephant Day, you’ll love digging a little deeper with these printables.
Printable Elephant Activities for Kids
There are so many fun things to teach children about elephants. Here are a few engaging ideas that will help you teach your kids about elephants, their life cycle, and more.
Elephant Movies for Kids
I love to incorporate movies and videos into our unit studies whenever possible. They’re perfect for sick days or rainy days. Here are a few ideas for kids:
• Dumbo (the original Disney version)
Books About Elephants
I love to include a wide variety of books in my lessons. I use some for read-alouds and save others for independent reading (when appropriate).
Below, I’m sharing a few of my favorite nonfiction books about elephants. I find they’re perfect for introducing the animal, increasing vocabulary, and illustrating important information.
Young learners love hands-on activities, and they help little ones engage with the topic at hand. When studying elephants, you can add one or more of these activities to your to-do list:
• Fill your book basket with one or more of these engaging elephant picture books! Includes fiction and nonfiction selections.
• Download and print this fun The Saggy Baggy Elephant activity pack to help bring the story to life for kids ages 3-7.
Elephant Printables for Kids
Print out this wonderful elephant themed printable for elementary students. It’s full of engaging activities that are designed for kids ages 6-10.
• Elephant Facts. There are two pages of elephant facts. These pages cover the similarities and differences of the three species of elephants.
• Unscramble the Facts. Students will use the fact pages to unscramble three interesting facts about African elephants. There is an answer key included.
• Life Cycle of an Elephant. Students will find or draw pictures of the three stages of an elephant’s life, and describe each one on the graphic organizer.
• What’s the Difference? On this page, students will write about the differences of the three species.
• Word Well. How many 3-letter, 4-letter, and 5-letter words can your students make with the letters in the word “elephant”?
• Elephant Toothpaste. Children will love making elephant toothpaste. This page includes a link to a video tutorial. This pack also includes a a lab report page for kids to fill out.
• Coloring Page. Finally, there is a coloring page for kids of all ages to enjoy.
Get Your Printables
This elephant themed printable pack is only available to my readers. Click the button below to view the details in the shop.